Lead me to the rock that is higher than I... I call to you from the ends of the earth.
Sometimes I feel faded. I must be in the shadows. I must be invisible. I must be disposable. I must really be alone. I must be pretty much worthless. I must be behind and trailing. I must be unheard. I must be forgotten. I must not possibly be missed. I must be beaten by now. There couldn't be anyone to see me. To find me. To care, not just when its good either. Rejection must be my home. There couldn't really be more tears in me to cry still, could there? Sometimes...
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith developes perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt." James 1:2-6
Make me strong oh God! Give me perseverance so that I may stand undefeated. Give me wisdom. Thankyou that you let me face trials... I long to be developed and complete... to lack nothing.
I am not faded, "For God, who said "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts." 2Corinthians 4:6. I am not in the shadows, I shine. The only shadow I rest in is in the wings of the Lord. "Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings!" I am visible, I am seen. I am not disposable, I am priceless, i have prupose. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28. I am never alone, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted." Psalm 34:18. I walk hand in hand, sometimes carried by the Lord. "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8. I am heard, "The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry." Psalm 34:15. I'm not forgotten, and am constanly missed. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb... when I awake I am still with you." Psalm 139:13, 18. He cares about me, he has accepted and addopted me. " In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ." Ephesians 1:5. He has seen all my tears, and harvests them as seeds for joy. "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheves with him." Psalm 126:5-6.
God is so good. In brokeness I will seek him! "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14.

1 Comments:
i love your heart jess, the fact that though right now you feel weathered down or defeated, you know the truth, and are sticking with it. he is faithful and he WILL lift you up out of the mirey clay. he has not forgotten you. he will NEVER leave you or forsake you. (me either :)) (remember the "footprints" poem) he is carring you, even though it feels like you're alone. he is so close to you!
"lord you're near to those who are discouaged / you save those who have lost all hope / you've taken my sorrow and surounded me with joy / you're here with me, you're touch gives me life."
peace
~shrodes
Post a Comment
<< Home